Aesthetics, Cosmetic Products

Demystify cellulite: where it comes from, its causes and how to get rid of it.

2022-04-12

Orange skin, bumpy and uneven on the hips, thighs and buttocks. Who doesn’t know cellulite. The #1 enemy of women, especially during the summer. Wondering what it is, where it comes from and how to get rid of it? Read on to learn more about this unwanted belligerent.

What is cellulite?

Cellulite is a very common condition that affects 90% of women and 10% of men. It is an affection and transformation of the connective tissue:

  • First, the circulation of intercellular fluids slows down, which floods the connective tissue and compresses the vessels. This is when edema begins to be observed.
  • The waste products contained in the lymphatic fluid and discharged into the tissues invade the fat cells.
  • To defend themselves, cells start a flocculation process. The lymph thickens and becomes gelatinous. The nodules, now comparable to grains of rice, can be felt with the fingertips. The connective tissue becomes increasingly dense, the tissues are more fibrous and inflammation sets in. The result is clustered nodules and pain.
  • Eventually, the tissues weld together in hard and sensitive clusters to end up in a sclerotic state.

What causes it?

Genetic baggage and hormonal changes are two important causes of the appearance of cellulite. They represent the part of the problem that is out of our control, i.e. about 25%. The remaining 75% is related to a loss of elasticity of the connective fibers under the skin (skin elasticity), water retention, swelling of the subcutaneous fat, diet, lack of exercise, psychosomatic or nervous disorders, posture, etc.

Types of cellulite

According to a study conducted by the European Academy of Dermatology, there are 3 types of cellulite classified according to their degree of severity:

Grade 1 – LIGHT: 1-4 skin depressions manifesting as an “orange peel” effect with slight skin looseness.

Grade 2 – MODERATE: 5-9 skin depressions manifesting as a “cottage cheese” effect with moderate skin looseness.

Grade 3 – SEVERE: 10+ skin depressions manifesting as a “mattress” effect with severe skin laxity.

Can you get rid of it?

Unfortunately, it is impossible to get rid of cellulite, but it is certainly possible to improve its appearance. In the beauty salon, here are a few tips to help you reduce your clients’ cellulite problems:

  • Exfoliate the areas to be treated manually with Action de Gala’s Exoderm Purifying Exfoliating Gel, mixing it with a few drops of Action de Gala’s cinnamon-based UP* essential oil to create a local hyperhaemia.
  • Drain intercellular fluids by massaging with Action de Gala’s Silka dry oil and a few drops of lemon-based essential oil Ɣ*.
  • Reduce fatty deposits with a body wrap** using the Vidacell Silhouette cream from Action de Gala or combine this product with infrared light sessions using the VitaSensa IR device. The targeted heat it produces inside the skin reduces the appearance of cellulite and improves the silhouette.
  • To firm the tissues once the appearance of cellulite has been reduced, massage the area with Silka dry oil and a few drops of Wa* essential oil and then proceed to a cryo wrap** with Action de Gala Jouvencell gel.

At home, you can start with a good local exfoliation using Action de Gala’s Exoderm to deep cleanse the skin and prepare it to receive the products’ ingredients. Next:

  • For a liposolvent and stimulating effect, we recommend that you continue with a caffeine-based body cream such as Vidacell by Action de Gala.
  • For a moisturizing effect, apply the Nutrisens nourishing milk from Action de Gala.
  • For a firming effect, use Action de Gala’s Jouvencell gel made with dermotensors.
  • For a light legs effect, try Action de Gala’s Yi-Zhibaume balm-cream and balneotherapy with LIB* essential oil.

You are now experts on the subject šŸ˜‰ Of course, the secret to success will depend on the quality of the in-clinic consultation with an esthetician as well as a well-diagnosed health assessment and body evaluation. A less sedentary lifestyle and a more balanced diet are also part of the solution. On that note, happy spring and long live the bikinis!

*Essential oils are contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding.

** These wraps do not require a shower.

Ā 

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.