Since 1989, the Apilus electrolysis device brand is synonymous with quality and innovation. In order to offer the most efficient and comfortable treatments on the market, Dectro International has developed many treatment modalities for its Apilus devices. Of these, 5 blend modalities are available to offer a maximum of options to electrologists.
The combined current technique allows the electrologist to work with both galvanic and high frequency currents while allowing each one to produce its own reaction, thus ensuring a high degree of efficiency. The galvanic current induces a chemical reaction that produces caustic soda, while the high frequency current allows diffusion of low intensity heat into the follicle (RF intensity of maximum 10%). Like all electroepilation techniques, the use of blend has advantages and disadvantages:
- in the case of distorted follicles and coarse hair, the blend is more effective thanks to the action of the caustic soda
- faster than electrolysis (pure galvanic current)
- the destructive action of the blend continues even after the removal of the probes (for a few seconds)
- much slower than thermolysis, because of the reaction time of caustic soda
- should be used in well hydrated follicles
- several contraindications to galvanic current
- Pulsed blend (13.56 MHz) or PicoBlend (27.12 MHz) (available on Junior 3G and Senior 3G [13.56 MHz], xCell Pur and xCell Pro [27.12 MHz]): pulsed blend/PicoBlend overlaps a pulse of low intensity thermolysis current to galvanic current. The number of pulses, as well as the duration and the intensity of these are adjustable. Ideal for strong and strong hairs.
- OmniBlend (available on Junior 3G, Senior 3G, xCell Pur and xCell Pro): a modality that combines galvanic current with a continuous high frequency current. Warming is applied uniformly throughout the treatment. The Apilus device automatically adjusts the current intensity according to the customer’s sensitivity thanks to the tolerance test function. It is a comfortable and easy to use modality.
- MultiBlend (available on the Senior 3G, the xCell Pur and the xCell Pro): a modality that combines the OmniBlend, with a continuous high frequency and galvanic current, with a fast PicoFlash/MicroFlash thermolysis pulse emitted at the end of the process . The last HF pulse generates a rapid reaction of caustic soda in the follicle. An avant-garde modality specially designed to permanently eliminate stubborn and distorted hairs.
- SynchroBlend (patented, available on xCell Pur [option] and xCell Pro): the SynchroBlend modality applies a galvanic current overlaped with several Pico pulses, which are interspersed with a thermal relaxation time. This technique, designed for tough and distorted anagen hairs, may be accompanied by bulb-bulge-bulb movement and should be used with IsoBlend insulated probes.
- EvoluBlend (available on the xCell Pur [option] and the xCell Pro): the EvoluBlend modality is distinguished by the application of a progressive ramp of galvanic current, starting from the intensity 0 mA to that meeting the tolerance level of your client. A 27.12 MHz thermolysis current is applied simultaneously, ensuring effective treatment even on the most stubborn hairs. This modality is ideal for sensitive clients.
The right recipe
It is important to mention that the success of combined currents is based on the correct dosage of the two currents. If they are not properly balanced with respect to one another, the blend technique will deviate either towards electrolysis or towards thermolysis. It is therefore important to consider the following factors in current dosing: intensity, duration of current flow, depth of insertion, skin moisture, client sensitivity and the probe used.