It’s Time to Lighten up on Cellulite


Are you familiar with cellulite? You know, those unwanted accumulations of fatty tissue that haunt women, especially at this time of year when we pull out our bathing suits… Have you ever wondered what it is exactly, how it forms and how to get rid of it? Well then, read on…

What is Cellulite?

Cellulite is an ailment and a transformation of the connective tissue:

  1. First the circulation of intercellular liquids slows down, flooding the connective tissue and compressing the vessels. At this point, oedema becomes visible.
  2. Waste contained in the lymphatic liquid spills into the tissues and invades fat cells. To defend themselves, the latter launch a floculation process. The lymph thickens and becomes jelly-like. Nodules, now comparable to grains of rice, can be felt through the skin by the fingertips.
  3. The connective tissue becomes more and more dense, the tissues more fibrous and inflammation flares up, resulting in clusters of nodules, as well as pain.
  4. Finally, the tissues fuse together into hard, sensitive pods and end up in a sclerotic state: jodhpur thighs, buffalo hump…


Genetic baggage and hormonal changes are two important factors leading to the appearance of cellulite. These represent elements that are beyond our control, i.e. about 25%. The remaining 75% is related to our diet, lack of exercise, psychosomatic or nervous disorders, posture, etc. When it is caused by these types of problems, do not hesitate to consult a specialist.

Beauty Institute Care

Here are a few tips to help reduce cellulite problem at a beauty institute:

  • Exfoliate the affected areas manually using the Exoderm exfoliating gel and create a local hyperemia with essential oil UP.
  • Drain intercellular fluids using pressotherapy or with a body wrap using the Yi-zhibaume cream-balm.
  • A body wrap using Lipo serum , applied with deep massage techniques, and Vidacell silhouette cream overlay (ionizable + polarity).

Home Care

It is possible to maintain the results achieved in the salon using some very effective products. Here are a few suggestions:

  • For a lipolytic and stimulating effect: Vidacell silhouette cream
  • For a lipolytic and moisturizing effect: Lipolytic Lipo serum
  • For a light leg feeling: a mix of Yi-zhibaume balm-cream and Vidacell silhouette cream,  and balneotherapy with Lib essential oil

Of course, the secret of your success will largely depend on the changes made in your lifestyle. Remember that proper nutrition and regular exercise are essential. With this in mind, enjoy the spring season, and the bathing season!

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.